Monday, February 2, 2009

H2…Ugh!

This is what our water looked like yesterday.



Fortunately, it was, just, um….dirt. They were cleaning the lines and from the look of the agua I would say they were way past due for a cleaning.

Unfortunately, for us, I had just come back from a short run and my husband had just gotten back from a 10 miler. No, we don’t drink right out of the tap, but we filter it through our handy pitcher. Needless to say the pitcher couldn’t do much on this stuff.

It took about 4 hours for it to clear up. We are still wondering why they do this kind of thing on Sunday. I’m sure there were a ton of people getting ready for BBQs and all that. How frustrating if you had to prepare for a party!

Why not do it on a week day when the majority of people are out at work. Then again, around here maybe it doesn’t make a difference. There are probably still a lot of maids and kids at home during the day.

Anyway, the water is clear now, and apparently the pipes are clean.

2 comments:

Fernanda said...

Ewww! That really looks UGH! And you are right, why did they decide to clean on Sunday? They should at least announce it before! The water looked to me like a "Suco de Caju" hehe.

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

To be fair, they may have announced on the news, but we never watch it. Although, often our friends tell us about things going on around the city. I still don't get the Sunday thing though.

You are right! It does look like suco de caju. I doubt it tastes as good though. Ha, ha! :)