Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I couldn't let this day go by without saying Happy Thanksgiving. It definitely didn't feel like the holiday here. Of course, Brazil doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, but we have found that some people here who have spent time in the states are aware of it. Despite ingredient barriers, I was able to cook for a traditional celebration. We went with chicken instead of turkey. I did notice in a grocery store ad that some turkeys were available. They were pretty pricey though. About $2.50 per pound versus about $0.25 to $0.80 per pound back home this time of year. The meal was rounded out with apple and onion stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans with bacon, all of which I easily found the ingredients for.

So count your blessings today and tell your friends and loved ones how thankful you are for them. The Lord has truly blessed me in my life and I remember those blessings today especially. Happy Thanksgiving no matter where you are from.

No comments: