Now that we are in Maringá, my scenery doesn’t change too often. We have done some traveling and hope to do more, but we have to strategically plan it around the holidays that my husband has off from work.
I’ve been in desperate need of an environment change. Maringá is nice, but I needed to get out for a while. We decided to take the easiest trip possible to satisfy my need, a trip to the nearby city of Londrina. It is about an hour drive from here, not bad at all.
This is part one of three about our trip to Londrina. I thought it would be appropriate to start with our favorite find in the city. Believe it or not we actually found a microbrewery!
Now, I know many travelers would be asking, why would you want an experience like home when you are in the wonderful country of Brazil? Well, I would say to them that living someplace is very different from visiting. We were so happy to find this unique restaurant in a place where everything, so far, has been very much the same.
The beer was fresh and they had several different varieties. They had their versions of a pilsner, a lager and a dark beer called escuro. The escuro is a lot sweeter than most dark beers you might be used to. I enjoyed it, however, my favorite was the Cozumel where they took the pilsner, added lime and put salt on the edge.
We found some interesting foods to try on the menu, but were told our only option at lunch was the buffet. Well, we all know how I feel about buffets here, but given that it was my only option, I made the best of it. We arrived right as they opened so everything was hot and fresh.
Although, I’m not a buffet fan, there is one thing they have on the
So the trip to Londrina got off to a great start with Fabrica1. I see lots of visits in the near future. Hopefully next time we’ll hit it at a time when we can order from the menu.


2 comments:
Blondie:
Check out the regional brewery guide on www.beerme.com for more Brazilian micros.
Eelrancher
Wow! Thanks so much. I had no idea that there were so many around. We'll definitely have to check them out. Appreciate the tip!
Post a Comment