It has been cloudy and cool for most of the past week and I absolutely love it! I am finally getting my fall-like weather. I can’t express enough how much I missed fall in the northern hemisphere last year.
Just as my body was getting used to the incredibly hot, 80 degree apartment, like snapping your fingers, the weather changed. The past couple days the sun has peaked out which has made it even better.
While I am still surprised to see locals in faux fur coats and boots in 65 degree weather, I will admit that I have been quite chilled. I, of course, love it, but my body had definitely acclimated to the high temperatures. I am finding that I need a jacket, pants and closed-toe shoes when I go out to stay comfortable.
With the coats and jackets out in full force my husband and I have witnessed a somewhat confusing style. I fear it is speaking to my age and the fact that I might be out of touch completely with what is popular these days, but what is up with the short coats?
We saw countless girls at the mall making these interesting style statements. At the top, it looks like any other warm, comfy cold weather gear - thick lining, long sleeves, a hood. However, just above the belly button, the coat mysteriously ends revealing a bare midriff. It made me cold just looking at them.
It was almost comical to see girls with warm knee-high boots, coats, scarves and a completely bare belly. Apparently style trumps staying warm. I like many clothing styles here, but this one is definitely not for me. I’ll take my full length jacket, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very funny your observation!
Before your comment I noticed that too......and I was about to ask a friend of mine if she doesn´t feel cold in that part of the body.... then I realised not only she was wearing that, but all the ladies in the city!
and they don´t care about the belly fat exposure... not only the fitted girls wear that, the overweighted ones too! It´s a democratic fashion statement!
hugs
hermes
Ha, ha! Glad I'm not the only one who finds it a little odd and cold!!
Post a Comment