According to the web-site they couldn’t find enough sponsors and they wanted to maintain a competitive team so they are sitting this season out. They will continue to train, but I guess they just won’t be playing.
My husband went to their shop in town to get my nephew a jersey for Christmas and it was empty. So no more Galo games for us. I guess we will just have to try to catch some games when we are in Curitiba.



5 comments:
Lori,
Good for you that you enjoy soccer, you know when in Brazil is hard to avoid it...
Soccer was one of the things that irritated me more than anything in Brazil, I don't have patience to watch it and it was overwhelming how soccer is everywhere, radio, TV's, water cooler talks etc...
I am glad it isn't a big thing in New England...
I love watching soccer either on TV or even better in the estadio*( too sad it has become dangerous in some places!) (*I forgot how to say it in English ).
Ah, I just realized that you don't have access to my blog because it's set to private. It's most in Portuguese but if you want to give a look please send me your e-mail then I can send an invitation to you. You can either post here or send to my e-mail which is coisasdafer@hotmail.com
:)
Ray - Oh we love it. Both my husband and I come from soccer families, playing in high school. My brother played in college.
It is probably better that you don't like it being in the US. Ours can compare to any soccer abroad. Ha, ha!
Fernanda - Thanks! I emailed you. Oh, I think it is "stadium". :)
I wonder if the Maringá team is a copy of Atlético Mineiro, the big club from Belo Horizonte.
I mean... Atlético Mineiro has the nickname GALO since forever (its the mascot of the club) and its also an "alvi-negro" (white-black uniform) club...
Post a Comment