I was sorting through my pictures this morning and as I browsed the thumbnails I thought - what in the world is that?

I completely forgot that I snapped this picture on Brasil Avenue as I was walking to meet a friend for lunch last Friday. This is one of those pictures that really need no words. So perhaps today is a Mouth Shut Monday as well. I still can’t exactly tell you what it is.
The best part is that out of everything in the entire store (which from first glance appeared to be a basic jammies and undies shop), this is what they decided to display out front. No shame at all. Right out on the street in one of the city’s most shopped areas. I’ll keep this place in mind should the opportunity to perform in a Cirque du Soleil show ever arise.
Looks pretty comfy, eh?


9 comments:
I have seen some of the craziest porno-type outfits in prominent windows here.
Love-ely.
That thing does look like it belongs in a Porn Shop window! doesn't it?
I hope it isn't a new type of bikini...
LOL, actually, it looks a lot like a bikini Paris Hilton wore recently.
http://thesuperficial.com/2009/04/paris_hilton_in_a_bikini_thing.php
Maybe the Brazilians are on to something. :)
Ahaha sexy!!! At first glance I thought they put lingerie on a robot...then I looked closer to see the little ribbons everywhere! Hahaa!
That Girl - Here too. This probably ranks as the scariest for me. Ha, ha!
Ray - Oh gosh, could you imagine those tan lines. No thanks!
Kyle - I do believe you have solved the mystery. That is probably the exact reason this was on the street. They probably saw that picture somewhere and started looking through their inventory to find something just like it.
Shannon - It does have an outerspace or robot look to it doesn't it. Guess we should consider ourselves lucky that the bra doesn't have guns or similar weaponry sewn in. Ha, ha!
Not trying to start any controversies or anything but... I live in Toronto (GTA actually), and I've seen a store in the mall that carries stuff like that. I will try to get a snapshot one of these days. I am just happy that this particular store is not located in a spot that I have to go through whenever I go to the mall... it makes me uncomfortable...
Oh yeah, this kind of think isn't absent where I lived in the US either. It is just a bit more hidden than it was here, kind of like you mentioned. More hidden from the kiddies I guess.
I'm not so sure that I found this one so risque as just kind of dumb. It is a bit over the top. I seriously think Mamacita's link explains why it was outside. :)
That thing is hilarious! And scary... you could seriously hurt yourself (or your partner) in one of those. I can just see the headlines --
"Couple strangled to death by deadly lingerie!"
Wow, that's quite interesting!
Post a Comment