I think I mentioned before that I had to leave my precious Pug at home in the States during this adventure. It was a very tough decision to make, but one that was best for her. People own dogs down here, but it is obvious that the level of care is no where near what it is in the States. Although I miss her terribly, she is in good hands and happy. She is living with my husband's parents and has fit in well with the pack which includes an aging, somewhat grumpy Dalmatian and a happy, yet insecure Golden Retriever. She makes the occasional overnight visit to my parent's house where she gets to visit with goats and run a little in the country.
I'm writing about her today because it is her 5th Birthday. She's had a few celebrations and seems to be content with turning five. Aging doesn't seem to bother her a bit. She takes her graying chin in stride.
Happy Birthday, Macy Mae! I can't wait to see you in December.
2 comments:
You poor thing. I bet your heart was broke when you had to leave her, but at least you get to see her again.
Actually, by the time I read this I bet you have visited her and are back again!
I miss her everyday. Especially with not working away from home now. I'm so used to having her around.
I did get to spend a wonderful month with her over the holidays and it was just like old times.
I don't regret our decision, though, as much as I miss her. She is much healthier and happier where she is. She gets to hang out with her favorite Dalmation and Golden Retriever all the time. The time is going fast. I'll be back with her soon!
Post a Comment