Not long after my last visit to Jungle Juice I found my new favorite healthy eating spot. I mentioned it a few posts back. It was the place we tried to visit on the day we gave into the golden arches because it wasn't open for lunch.
We both had a sandwich, which were all named after different cities throughout the country. The ones with sun-dried tomatoes always catch my attention so that is what I got. I love sun-dried tomatoes and they are so much more abundant here than where I lived in the States.
I really wanted to try one of their interesting fruit salads, but we were way to full after the sandwiches to enjoy it. Just another reason to return.
The best part is the place is so inexpensive compared to other sandwich shops around, especially Jungle Juice. They also have a lot of different fruits that are not common to the south such as cupuaçu and pitanga.
Okay, so I’ve told you about the good parts, now I have to let you know about the service. It was absolutely the worst we’ve had here so far. Everyone in the place seemed to have no idea what they were doing.
Our juice order was wrong, which we are not picky about things like that so we let it go. The ones we did end up getting were pretty good. You can’t really go wrong with juice in my opinion.
My husband’s sandwich came on the wrong type of bread, but again no big deal. It was just the combination of wrong orders, confusion of the staff and an incredibly long wait for a simple sandwich that led to a pretty bad service experience.
I surprise myself in the fact that I will definitely return. If this had happened to me at home I would have dropped the place from my to-go list for sure. I’m just so happy for the inexpensive, healthy options and the opportunity to try some unique fruits that I can overlook the bad service.
So they can hook the gringos with their unique menu, but I’m not so sure how the locals will feel about the place. I don’t think they would put up with the service we had the other night. I’m really hoping I don’t return in a few weeks all ready for my fruit salad and juice to find the place closed!
I surprise myself in the fact that I will definitely return. If this had happened to me at home I would have dropped the place from my to-go list for sure. I’m just so happy for the inexpensive, healthy options and the opportunity to try some unique fruits that I can overlook the bad service.
So they can hook the gringos with their unique menu, but I’m not so sure how the locals will feel about the place. I don’t think they would put up with the service we had the other night. I’m really hoping I don’t return in a few weeks all ready for my fruit salad and juice to find the place closed!


No comments:
Post a Comment