There is an exercise class I’m enjoying a bit more than spinning these days. I’ve always had this desire to become really involved in mind/body exercise. While I’ve taken classes inspired by Pilates and yoga and done videos at home, I could never consider myself a regular.
I’m hoping that is soon to change. They offer Body Balance (pronounced body bal-laun-say here) at the gyms here. After a little research I found it was actually developed by Les Mills, I had never seen these classes in my neck of the woods in the US.
This class is a combo of Tai Chi, yoga and Pilates. I am loving it. There is just enough activity to keep me from getting bored. I took it a few times at our old gym, but fortunately I like the class and the instructor at the gym we just switched to much better.
So twice a week I can be found working on the mind and body. I’m the one who usually has the wrong hand on top of the other or the incorrect foot in front because I struggle to understand the instructor.
Did I mention that after the first class I could barely move from my sore abs? It was great!
Yeah, I know, that is sick, some would say. However, most people who work in the fitness field have this understanding that if you are sore it means you are working some muscles that weren’t getting much attention previously.
It means your efforts aren’t wasted. Kind of a positive way to look at being in pain.
Just another great thing about the new gym. It was definitely a good move.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
"A combo of Tai Chi, yoga and Pilates?" Sounds like fun! I think when you mix things up like that, even in a single class, it keeps things from getting boring. :)
http://zandria.us/
It is such a great class. The lack of boredom is really why I think I like it. I feel so great after the class too (despite the soreness!!) :)
Post a Comment