This picture was taken in the hotel room on our last trip to Curitiba.
I find it so funny when ashtrays show up in places where no smoking is allowed. I mean, what else is an ashtray for? Well, apparently it can also be used as a means of communication.
My husband had a coworker in from Ireland who was a smoker. He expressed his frustration as he walked in a hotel room here, saw the ashtray (a sign in most cases that smoking is allowed), started to light up only to look down and see the hidden message.
Now I don’t smoke and am personally thankful that there are hotel rooms in Brazil where it is prohibited, but even I have to admit that this is a bit of a tease.
I find it so funny when ashtrays show up in places where no smoking is allowed. I mean, what else is an ashtray for? Well, apparently it can also be used as a means of communication.
My husband had a coworker in from Ireland who was a smoker. He expressed his frustration as he walked in a hotel room here, saw the ashtray (a sign in most cases that smoking is allowed), started to light up only to look down and see the hidden message.
Now I don’t smoke and am personally thankful that there are hotel rooms in Brazil where it is prohibited, but even I have to admit that this is a bit of a tease.


6 comments:
Weird! why have an ashtray???
My thoughts exactly! ;)
I think it´s the best spot to put a no smoking sign......
100% garantee the sign will be seen by smokers....
Good point. Maybe they have determined it is their most effective method.
That's the funniest thing I've seen all weekend. Thanks for sharing it.
Melody Platz
www.melodythehappywanderer.com
Very creative way of telling people not to smoke.But if the ashtray is not cleaned the message is lost.
Post a Comment