Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Picture Post - Floripa

I thought it might be a good time to take a break from all my thoughts and just enjoy a beautiful picture. I like to do this from time to time because I often get some good pictures during our travels and don't really have a lot to say about them, I just enjoy sharing their beauty.

A few weeks ago my husband traveled to Floripa for a road race with his coworkers. I wasn't able to go so I don't have a lot to write about the experience, but he did take this amazing picture from his hotel room downtown at sunset.

The coast of Brazil is definitely beautiful. I hope that I get to spend more time there during this journey. I always say that as much as I wish we lived by the coast it is probably a blessing in disguise that we don't. The damage I could do to my skin in two years - I'd come back to the US looking like I was 20 years older! I'd probably have my laptop with me on the beach everyday!

4 comments:

Elaine Bittencourt said...

so, how did you like Florianopolis?

I always say that if I ever move back to Brazil (not on my plans, but you never know eh?) I'd go back to Florianopolis.

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

I did enjoy it. We are planning to return next April to explore some more.

It wasn't my favorite place when it comes to islands. I really prefer places like Jamaica, but it was really beautiful. I could see how it would be lots of fun to live there!

Elaine Bittencourt said...

Well, I've never been to Jamaica, I wish I have though. I am sure it's beautiful. I'd like to visit Barbados one day.

I look forward to reading about your trip next April! April is a good time, end of summer, not too many tourists, water is still warm enough to enjoy a swim. =)

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

Definitely go if you ever get the chance. The caribbean is amazing for sure.

My husband is going to run the Volta again next April and this time I will get to see it. I'm really looking forward to it.