This time I can say I’m adjusting well to being back. Although, I did almost crush the modem a few moments ago when I was having problems with the internet, but other than that things are okay.
I’m not sure if this is because I’m looking forward to experiencing everything I can in the next few months, if it is because I know I’m only going to be here a few more months or a combination of both.
It has helped that I came back to rainy weather, which translates to no blazing sun. I was truly dreading the heat. I know it will be back, but for now I am enjoying this glorious day of rain.
In many ways I’ve fallen into a routine here that I did enjoy coming back to. My days alone have turned into days of work with my writing and I truly enjoy it. I’m back to taking advantage of outdoor eating and I went nuts at the feira yesterday.
I miss home too, though, as is always the case. I had a wonderful holiday with my family. I also miss my lap warmer, Macy Mae. Below is a picture of her in one of my mom’s last minute clearance finds. It was so worth the 49 cents she paid for it.
So back to a normal as I know it, back to regular posts about my adventures here and back to Brazil in general right now. I hope you’ll hang with me these next several months as I continue to try and entertain you along the way.


3 comments:
Lori,
Hang in there...I know it is tough to be away from home, we went thru the same roller coaster of emotions too, you are doing great!
Looking forward to reading your adventures in Brazil.
Ray
It can really be hard - I feel the same way, even though from what you've said I think my ties to and feelings for Chile are stronger than yours to/for Brazil. It's definitely true for me that the major downside of traveling and having family and friends all over the place is always wishing I could be in multiple places at once, or at least that my distances were a bit smaller so that I could make it to the important things!
And your pup looks adorable, I can't imagine how you can stand being away from her for so long...even 3 weeks without Lola was hard!
Thanks, Ray. So far so good. Hope you had some great holidays.
Emily - I never want to let on too much with my family because I miss them too, but missing Macy has been such a huge issue for me. I think it was just because she was with me every second when I was home. I wish we could have brought her, but I think we made the better decision by leaving her in the States. She is well taken care of. Man, I miss her though. :)
Post a Comment