Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year with Familiar Changes

Looking ahead 2009 is going to be a big year for us much like 07. In 07 a large majority of our year was focused on the move to Brazil. Similarly I think a large portion of this year will be focused on a smooth transition back to the US come October.

Looking back 08 was a good year. It was our time to truly focus on the Brazil experience. We were settled into our apartment by January and didn’t have to worry about where we were going next yet.

I still have a couple of weeks in the US where I’ll be filling up on Mexican food and bagels and savoring my arc trainer at the gym. By then I’ll probably be craving all the produce I could ever need and enjoying perks such as incredibly clean bathrooms. Have I posted about this yet? I need to. (Sorry, I’m in an airport as I write this and it is on my mind.)

My main resolution for this year is to stay in the moment. It is going to be difficult. There is a lot to do to prepare for our move back considering we sold pretty much everything before we left. I’m looking forward to starting over again, but we still have so much left to experience in Brazil. I don’t want to blink and miss the remaining time we have there. Often it feels like this experience has gone that quickly.

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow you do have a lot of things going on for 2009! When are you moving back to the US?

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

Our visas expire in October so it will be a little before then.

Emily said...

Mmm, Mexican food and bagels. Things that I too miss down here.

It seems crazy that you're already preparing for your move back to the US! Time really does fly. Hope that you can accomplish your goal of enjoying the time you have left in Brazil and stay in the moment.

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

Thanks Emily. It will be a fast and exciting year for sure. We have a lot more to fit in.