Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rainbows in the Sky

It has been raining a lot here lately. I guess they would term that rainy season. Personally, I love it. There is nothing like a rainy day at the computer working away. Plus, the clouds shield the sun from baking everything in the living room during the afternoon.

Some gloomy days the sun will peek out a little bit among the clouds as it is pouring down rain. Our apartment seems to be perfectly situated to view the most beautiful rainbows. As the rain ruined our after-work walk on Monday, it produced some pretty beautiful scenery around the cathedral.

I’m not sure if you can see it in the picture, but there is a double rainbow. The one on the left side of the cathedral is much brighter, but you can faintly see the other on the right side.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The rainbows are beautiful!! Whenever I see something like that...I dont know how to describe the feeling, but they are just so perfect!

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

Me too! Even though they show up here a lot this time of year I can't help but take more pictures. Such a natural wonder to me (although I know there is a scientific explanation :)).

Rogério Penna said...

i think Rio Grande do Sul is the only brazilian state where there doesnt exists a "rainy season".

precipitation is quite distributed along the year... summer being A BIT more dry. (while in most Brazil, summer is rainy)

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

Aces - Thanks for the interesting bit of info. Is it cooler there at all? The rain is such a blessing to us in Maringa because it breaks up the intense heat.