A friend of mine told me a while back that her favorite brand was Café do Ponto. Well, I ran out of coffee this week and my husband was headed to the supermarket last night so I told him to grab me a small package of it.
Oh my! It only took one sip this morning to realize it is amazing. The flavor is much more intense than what I’ve been getting at the feira. I may have found my new brand. I don’t feel so bad because it is produced in Sao Paulo state. I guess that isn’t so far away especially considering where the coffee I buy in the States comes from.
Then after some discussion about doughnuts, bagels and pretzels on Eric and Emily’s blog, my husband randomly brought home this dessert.
It was the first time I’ve seen the sweet ones at the bakery. They were awesome! Not like our pretzels at home, but still great. They actually had the texture of a heavy doughnut and were sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
I shouldn’t have eaten mine last night. I would have gone great with my coffee this morning!


7 comments:
Lori,
After living in Brazil we got addicted to the freshly ground coffee, when you come back keep in mind you will be able to find great Brazilian organic coffee at any Sam's club in the US, the brand from Brazil sold here is called "Marques de Paiva".
We buy the whole beans and grind them at home daily, it is out of this world good.
We still have our Dunkin Donuts coffee fix once in a while, their coffee is also great.
Ray
Yum! That pretzel/doughnut looks really good! Too good, I have yet to eat breakfast and it's heading onto lunchtime!!
Café do Ponto Aralto is also really good. It comes in a orange package and might be a little bit less exepnsive that the one you got. Oh, and when in Curtiba, go to the Café do Ponto coffee shop, at Shopping Barigui. It's on the top floor, right by that sports store - Centauro. You can try every type of espresso they have.... Sooo goood!
Oh yum! That prezel-like thingy looks awesome! Your comment about bagels got me thinking and now I want bagels...luckily, I found a couple recipes...I know what I'm doing this weekend!
Depsite being allowed a little caffine while pregnant, I decided to cut out all the coffee and other drinks with caffine. (I can save the caffine for chocolate now - hehe) I miss the awesome Brasil coffee these days though.
Hi Lori
I am glad you liked Pink Bites. I was surprised to hear that you are living in Maringa... Not a place I'd expect to see an American. I am from Londrina, in fact I'll be there next month visiting my family. I have some family members that live in Astorga, very close to you.
I only drink Brazilian coffee here in Seattle, fortunately I find it. They even have the brand you liked, but I prefer Pilao.
Cafe do ponto is my favorite brazilian coffee! I'm so jealous now! :)
ray - I think I might have found that same brand when I was last in the States in June. When we move back I'll have to find a good balance between the two. I really like Brazilian coffee, but I also love the kind we have in the States with cream and sugar. DD is good! My absolute favorite is Jamaican Blue Mountain.
Stephanie - My day was like that too yesterday. :)
Ju - I'll definitely check that variety out and the shop in Shopping Barigui. Thanks!
emily - Can't wait to see the bagels! I definitely understand your decision with the coffee. I would do the same thing. I just think it is best to be on the safe side.
rita - Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy Londrina and hope to make it back there more often. I am in love with the Seattle area. It is one of my favorite places in the States. I'll have to check out Pilao too.
Vivi- I can totally understand why it is your favorite! :)
Post a Comment