The only problem is that floral, perfume-y scents are really popular around here. I am not a fan at all. I am a vanilla, coconut, nutty or fruity scent fan and those scents have been hard to come by. I’ve opened way to many bottles of lotions with a fruit name and took a sniff only to find they smelled like strong, headache-inducing flowers.
On our last trip through Sao Paulo we had to stay overnight at the Caesar Park Hotel. The little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion they offered were awesome! They had this great nutty scent that reminded me of a better version of the vanilla standards back home. Unique yet within my acceptable scent range.
Granado Terrapeutics in Castanha do Brasil - my new favorite. I think I like it more than any in my collection from the US.
I did some early Christmas shopping (and a little early b-day shopping for myself) just last week. You can get a large bottle of lotion for R$9.85 and even with the shipping they are less expensive than Natura. (I had started buying the castanha scent by Natura, which is great, but their products are expensive compared to what I usually pay at places like Bath and Body Works at home.)
To top it off after placing the order I was sent an email telling me that it would arrive 4 days. Considering follow-through on similar promises in the past, I didn’t believe it. I am happy to say they proved me wrong. I ordered on a Saturday and got it mid-week.
According to their web-site they have stores in Rio, Sao Paulo and Belém. I am thinking it is probably a good thing that I don’t have a store nearby. I could do some serious damage at their prices!


7 comments:
I feel the same way! I cant stand the overpowering flowers! My favorite perfuem here in the states is DKNY be delicious...it works for me, but I am picky as to what I use! We are looking at moving to Brazil more and more as a very real possibility, so I have enjoyed reading your blogs and getting to know some of the customs and different things there! Thanks!
Hi Stephanie - Thanks for your comment. I hope things work out with your move. Glad you like the blog. Thanks!
I am a big Natura fan, but you are rigth that it is expensive. I love the castanha hand cream and the andiroba trifásic bath oil. I am with you, I prefer the more subdued scents. I always try to take advantage of the special offers they have in each Natura cycle to save a few $$.
I do really like their body lotion. It isn't too heavy which is perfect for the heat here. :)
Lori,
You would probably like the products from Fasano Hotel in Sao Paulo, I am not kidding you I stay there mostly because of their products.
I don't know if you can find it anywhere else but I really would like to know.
There liquid soap is out of this world good!
I saw the "Granado" store near my hotel in Sao Paulo and didn't have time to go in, I will definitely check it out next time.
Ray
that looks nice. I wonder if we can find those lotions here in maringá or only online. Granado is a very traditional brand and their soap bars are everywhere. Bur I've never tried the lotions and stuff.
ray - Definitely stop in if you get a chance. I think it is great stuff.
Ju - You'll have to let me know where to get the soap. I want to sample some of the scents and maybe I can do that with the soaps before I order the other stuff online. I've never seen the lotions, but I haven't looked very hard. :)
Post a Comment