I think it is great that I’m getting to experience the Olympics while living in a different country. It is so nice to see that it creates the same buzz around here as it does back home.
I like the Olympics because I feel it is the one time that we come together as a world. I have always been interested in sport and exercise and I am amazed by the athletes. They possess a dedication and drive that I think few people can or do understand and appreciate.
A friend of ours told my husband that she liked the Olympics because it was the only time they showed sports besides futebol and volleyball on TV around here.
I had never really thought about that. We get so much variety back home. While some sports are aired less often, almost all things hit the Saturday morning sports at some point throughout the year.
On a more local note, everyone around Maringá is just running their little hearts out. You can always tell when a race is coming up in the city. The treadmills fill up at the gym and you see more people running in the streets.
I think it is great. I was not expecting competitive road racing at all when moving here and it has actually proven to be a pretty big thing.
The next event coming up is a relay marathon around the city. Although we won’t be here to participate, my husband has been training with some folks at the gym. Everyone is pretty excited about it. I am a bit disappointed that we will miss it this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I was watching the Olympics today and was pretty upset that a brazilian won a gold medal for swimming and I wasn't able to listen to the brazilian anthem.... simply because the just air it when an american wins.
That is a bummer. I didn't realize they did that. Seems like I've heard other anthems in past years, but maybe not.
Post a Comment