Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today's Adventures

I went to Howth for the first time today. It is an easy 30 minute train ride on the Dart, a little north of Dublin City.

It was incredible!

I never thought a fishing harbor could be so beautiful! I seriously wanted to check into a B & B and stay a few days.

I did the cliff walk along the coast and it was amazing. I've got great pics and I will post them tomorrow.

The hike was over 2 hours and I ended up getting a bit lost. They aren't so good with signage on the paths here. It is only 7:30 and I'm seriously ready to go to bed. It was exhausting, but worth it.

One of the main attractions in Howth are the seals that come into the harbor to feast on all the spare fish parts that are thrown over. Actually, I'm not sure if they are seals or sea lions, but everyone here seems to call them seals.

I had been looking forward to seeing them since I found out they were an attraction. I've never actually seen seals in the wild before.

That is if you can call this the wild. They aren't exactly working very hard for their food.

They know it too. People standing looking over the edge means fish might come flying. These are some pleasantly plump, sedentary seals and they were hilarious to watch. I could have watched them all day.

I had a great video all ready, but YouTube is giving me problems with the download. I'll just have to give you a few pics instead. Pictures of the village to come tomorrow.

No comments: