I've found myself battling a bad cold for the first time since our move. It made me realize for the first time in a long time that I didn't have to call in sick. It was a weird feeling knowing I could lie in bed all day (and I did, all day yesterday) and not have to worry about what was going on at the office.
If I haven't mentioned it before amidst all my griping and complaining about living in Brazil, I want to say that I do love my new lifestyle. Freelance writing and working from home is definitely my thing. I just have to get to the point where this thing makes me a little money before we move back to the states and we have to start paying $4 a gallon for gas. I am hopeful though.
Anyway, back to my currently questionable health. I've been reminded of some of the comforts of home I'm missing a bit as I try to kick this thing out of my system. I never thought I would miss saltine crackers, but I would give anything for a stack right now.
My typical sick food was always saltines, white grape juice and apple juice. The mango juice and diet soda I've been drinking has been okay, but not quite as comforting as my old staples.
This week my husband's coworker brought us chips and salsa from the states. I haven't even been able to express my excitement with as badly as I've been feeling, but I am ecstatic. I've promised myself I won't break into them until my senses are all straightened out and I can taste them properly.
I've got some great pictures from the weekend. I'll have them up soon. We picked out our Easter Eggs this weekend so I am ready for next Sunday to be here. Hopefully by then all this cold stuff will be long behind me. I'm going back to bed, but there is more to come soon.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I have some saltines at home. Do you want me to bring them to you?
Oh, thanks for thinking of me! I'm feeling better now. I think I'll make it. I might call you up the next time I'm feeling bad though. :)
Post a Comment