Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rainbow Over Maringá

I am finally out of bed and feeling a little better today. I was excited to get these pictures from the weekend downloaded and posted.

We had some heavy rain showers on Sunday and as I was walking into the laundry room I looked out the window to see this.

I’ve seen a lot of rainbows, but my vantage point for this one made it pretty amazing. The rainbow stretched across the whole sky. I just wish I could get that huge, eye sore of a building out of the view, but it is beautiful anyway. It lasted a long time and I was able to get lots of shots of it.

It brought a smile to my face and was a nice sight to see over the cathedral as we enter Holy week on our way to Easter Sunday.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



2 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Gorgeous! I like your pictures and getting an idea for what life looks like on your side of the continent :)

Lori - Blondie in Brazil said...

One thing Maringa definitely has going for it are all the trees and greenspace. At one point it had the most trees per person than any other city in Brazil. I do enjoy the view from our apartment minus the tall high rises that block my view of the sunset. :)